It looks like it would be sticky to the touch and cotton-like looking. It's at the base of the lily buds and on the stalk. Should I spray it with something? Let me know if you need a pic.
It's fine. It's part of the lily. Some lilies have this and some do not. Don't fret about it, it's normal
Thanks. When it's not raining, I spray it with pepper mix spray I got at a local nursery so the animals won't eat it before it blooms. Last year they ate them and I didn't get a single bloom. I thought maybe the spray caused this white stuff, but now that I see it's normal I won't worry anymore. Thanks again.