Question re: HID bulb choices for my application
This fall, I will need to replace 1000W, 600W, and 400W HID bulbs for subtropical/tropical bonsai and some South African and Madagascan succulents. In general terms, my needs are to extend the growing season somewhat (in a sunroom with skylights) - then to ease most of them into a light dormancy (aka limp along period), trying to give them as much light as possible during the dark Massachusetts winter. During this period, most of bonsai growth will slow to a crawl and the succulents will enter a dry dormancy (except for those that are winter-growing species).
The bulbs I will be replacing are:
1) 1000W Sunmaster Cool Deluxe metal halide
2) 600W Sunmaster Cool Deluxe MH Conversion Bulb
3) 400W Eye Hortilux Super Metal Halide
To switch it up a bit (and, based on HTG prices, to save a few bucks), I was considering the following:
1) AgroMax 1,000 watt Metal Halide 6500K Ultra Blue Daylight Spectrum Bulb
2) GrowBright 600 Watt MH Conversion Bulb
3) AgroMax 400 watt Metal Halide - 6500K Ultra Blue Daylight Spectrum Bulb
Bad ideas? Anyone have any experience with any of these?
Thanks in advance for any input.