Help with t5HOs for pineapple and cacti

sawh1343August 30, 2013

So I have an already existing garden of cacti, succulents, a pineapple plant and some other common foliage house plants that previously received lots of natural light. I have moved into a home with absolutely no natural light D: fortunately for me I am also a coral propagating extraordinaire so for those who have dabbled in that world know I have more than enough lights laying around. I have never grown a normal plant under t5HOs before but I know that corals absorb the same spectrums of light having the same chlorophyll pigments so I assume my coral lights will suffice seeing as though they are top of the line in the coral world. (As far as t5HOs go many people argue LED but I love my t5 it has proven so well) right now I have had them under only a 54 watt ATI aqua blue (white/day color temp of 15,000k) and a 54 watt ATI blue plus (really deep crips blue basically all 400-500nm it's intense blue) for maybe an hour at a time and then leaving them under normal house bulbs just acclimate to the new light. I was thinking that I'd bump it to an hour and a half in a few days and 2 hours a few days after etc until it is up to 8 hours. Once at 8 hours I wanted to add another blue plus and then a purple plus (more reds and purples with a little yellow and green) with the same acclimation cycle. I also have the option of adding another two bulbs possible more blue and another purple? ? What are your thoughts on this? Should i do anything different or will this work for me? Do you think cacti and the pineapple need different requirements for light?

More Discussions
HELP!..Possible Indoor Pepper growing probz!
I have a few questions regarding my pepper plants at...
Bobby Cooper
coleus cuttings
Some of my fall coleus cuttings are growing bigger...
maryjozone5
6" Inch Titan Inline Fan 440 CFM Industrial Grade
The 6" Inch Titan Inline Fan 440 CFM Industrial...
Dane Theisen
Need help with my Petunia and Coleus Seedlings
I am trying to grow as many petunia and coleus seeds...
Cathy Cokley
High Output CFL - worth using?
Hi all. Assume I won a tiny lottery <g>. My current...
andyinnyc
Sponsored Products
Moonrays Decorative String Lights Outdoor Plastic Solar Powered Color-Changing
$48.52 | Home Depot
Powell Mirrored 2 Drawer Console
Beyond Stores
Lemonade Bali Hai Rocking Chair
$129.99 | zulily
Matera Mirror
Design Within Reach
Rox Acrylic Pole 90 Outdoor Bollard by SLV
$1,008.00 | Lumens