A Curved Shaped LED Light

growsmokefeelgoodAugust 28, 2013

Hi there, I'm Wanda. I wanted to get some opinions on this new grow light I found. I have a fairly large sized indoor garden and have used a few varieties of lights. I found this Arc Series curved led light. I really like the fact that it's curved and that the light points directly at the plant. What a way to get my tomatoes to grow effectively! I just wanted to see what a few people thought. Here's the link to their Kickstarter page: http://kck.st/1d5wim9

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slimak

Hi Wanda
I'm no expert by any means but I think this arc LED is just another gimmick with sneaky marketing :)
First of all I don't see a benefit creating a hot spot with a 17" long fixture unless you're growing some small folliage plant . The further you keep the light the smaller the hot spot gets so if you're growing tomatoes for example you'll get more intense light in the middle of the folliage and weeker on the outside of the hot spot. Secondly they're using 90 degree lenses which kind of defeats their purpose of concentrating more light in the growing area. If you raise the light upfrom the plants the outside lenses will direct more light toward the walls instead of the plant.

Finally, they're not comparing apples to apples. Compare this LED to a leading LED on the market than you can say that yours is better. That's my opinion

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 9:25AM
More Discussions
Seeking advice about current indoor seed starting setup
Hello, I am new to gardening and would like to start...
dotagardener
growing tomatoes indoors; what lights to use? help!
I basically want to grow tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants,...
kawaiineko_gardener
Cost-Efficient Lighting
Does anyone know what the most cost-efficient lighting...
Tigger033
Bell peppers
My flowers fall off before fruit developes. Any suggestions?...
AliMatt
heat mats and growing plants
Is there a reason must you move plants off of the heat...
dowlinggram
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™