Want a grow lamp, live in rental

jardinerowaAugust 15, 2008

Hey all,

I've looked online and through the forums a lot and can't find what I'm looking for. I do contract work where I rent and live in apts/condos and change several times a year. I would love a MH or HPS fixture can't because I of that.

All I will be wanting to do is have two different fairly large bananas have light that can allow them to grow more inside even in winter. I'm imagining a lamp that is like six feet tall or with the lamp head that can be moved around. I figure they don't make MH or HPS lights for this type of thing but what about full spectrum fluoroscents?

I'm very "non-handy" when it comes to making things...thats I why I look to buy. Anyway, if anyeone has ideas, It would very appreciated!

Zach

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cannabisgrower

you don't need to be handy to run a 400w hps lamp. you just need to be able to fasten 2 ceiling anchors, and hang the thing with some inexpensive chain. look up a local hydroponics store; they love explaining exactly what to do for customers like yourself. tell them you'd like to run a gavita 400w hps lamp, and that you know nothing else.

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 2:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jardinerowa

Hey,

What about this compact grow light set up here on the link below. Could I just install a couple basic ceiling hooks and hang this thing? Possibly with chains? Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: grow light idea

Bookmark   January 25, 2009 at 2:54AM
More Discussions
How to translate lux reading from phone app into lumens/ft2
I took a reading from where one of my succulents was...
Bama_Joe
Yellow petunias
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong with my petunia...
birkjar
HELP!..Possible Indoor Pepper growing probz!
I have a few questions regarding my pepper plants at...
Bobby Cooper
Correcting Lighting Later?
Hello, I am germinating Palmer amaranth for an experiment...
Tigger033
Seed Starting Lights at night?
In my area (Nova Scotia) I have time of day metering...
youngdb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™