Second Chance

dockside_gwFebruary 8, 2013

Megan Phelps-Roper, 27, granddaughter of the infamous Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church, has left that church and, as a result, her family. Her 19-year-old sister also left with her.

It all started with an interview in which she was asked about her beliefs and how they did not conform to the teachings of Jesus.

I am really amazed at this young woman and wish her and her sister the best. She wants to do good in the world. She thought she was doing good when protesting soldiers' funerals but became uncomfortable with some of the things that were said and done.

It gives me faith that people can learn new things and do not have to stay with what they know. It gives me comfort to know that there are people who will even give up all they know, beliefs and family, to do what they think is right.

Here is a link that might be useful: Good for Her!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrskjun(9)

uh oh, hope littleone doesn't catch you!

You probably hadn't noticed that there is another thread on this. ut I so agree with your last sentence for sure.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 6:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elvis

"It gives me faith that people can learn new things and do not have to stay with what they know. It gives me comfort to know that there are people who will even give up all they know, beliefs and family, to do what they think is right."

Me too. I'm surprised she was not more private about it; but then, maybe the publicity will help protect her from retribution. I certainly hope so. People who feel hatred are so disappointing.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 7:26PM
More Discussions
Not a Kodak Moment for Idaho Legislator
Makes you wonder why they keep trying. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/23/1366371/-Idaho-Republican-to-doctor-Can-a-woman-swallow-a-camera-for-a-pregnancy-exam-w-audio...
duluthinbloomz4
The dress
Okay, so the Department of Homeland Security will close...
Pidge
Duck Dynasty and Free Speech Award
CPAC is a clown show.I was watching TV today and while...
Pidge
Does "Bibi" really desire to communicate ..
...or merely play to the gallery? Communicating implies...
ronalawn82
John McCain: "I’m Ashamed Of My Country "
Sen. John McCain said: “I’m ashamed of my country,...
dublinbay z6 (KS)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™