id help again please big seymour

Ladybug6163(5)June 4, 2012

This is who I call Big Seymour. It has been here since we bought the property so it is over six years old. I think it flowers in July with lavender flowers. The third picture is an eye that is completely different then the original plant. Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

ok.. i just replied to the other..

what gives on the seymore names???

grandpa or something???

who many seemores can one woman have.... i am disturbed by it all ...

lol

keep an eye on that little one.. if it green in the center.. you will know what it is.. and it will tell you what the all green one is..

or steve will tell you.. lol

ken

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 8:55PM
Ladybug6163(5)

Ken its called feed me seymour something I started calling it when I had no idea what it was. Google feed me seymour and you will see my spelling is right. I think you meant to say how many not who but only 2 with no names. Thanks for the welcome to the hosta forum hopefully Steve will have some input.
Thanks Debbie

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 9:12PM
alexis717_df

Welcome Debbie. I recognized the meaning of Seymour immediately. I got a chuckle out of it.

Alas, I can not help you with either ID. Personally I like the name you've given them. Do you also have to protect your friends when they come with in distance of one of them? :-D

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 9:43PM
hostaLes(5)

Wow Debbie: I was really in a tailspin. I'm not as sharp as alexis picking up on the unknown plant. But I have to admit "FEED ME" triggered something in my head.(lol) I even have the movie on VHS, if anyone remembers what THAT is!

Les

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 11:49PM
Bennie0203(6b/7a)

I think it is Fortunei Hyacinthia.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 1:50AM
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b

I'm pretty sure that Bennie has it right. Fortunei Hyacinthia sports like crazy. That little eye could be sporting into Whirlwind or something completely new.

Steve

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 8:08AM
Eleven(Metro Detroit 6A)

Yeah, I was also thinking this was Hyacinthina. Mine often throws a couple oddball eyes.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 8:26AM
Ladybug6163(5)

Thanks everyone looked it up on the HL and the flowers look the same and it is bluer early in the season then turns more green so Seymour will now have a tag.
Alexis717 I have told people that I would feed them to Seymour but normally just my husband and daughter.
HostaLes I still have a vhs machine along with a few beta tapes that were before vhs go figure pack rat that I am.
Thanks Bennie, Steve and Eleven I'll keep an eye on the little guy and see what it does.
Thanks Debbie

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 8:49AM

no.. i didnt pick up on the obscure little shop of horror reference.. but i did suspect something ... ken

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 9:39AM
More Discussions
GardenWeb Houzz coupling
What is going on?! Nasty. Anyway, Paula_b_gardener...
paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
i will miss the freak
phil the hostafreak passed on 12/4 ... an aneurysm...
Hosta Ruffled 2014
The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
We have bullets n numbers!
I love this feature! These will come in handy...especially...
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™