MidWest convention

glosgarden(7b)June 12, 2013

Hello all,
A couple of friends and I will be drivIng from Mississippi, just south of Memphis, to the MidWest convention in Illinois in July and would like to know about nuseries we will be close enough to that we might stop by. Also interested in any that would be within driving distance will we are at the convention. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gloria

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beverlymnz4

I'd like to tag along on this thread. I'll be driving from Bloomington Indiana to Lisle Illinois for the MidWest convention. I would like to know about any nurseries in Indiana as I will be helping my niece landscape her new-to-her home and we would like something to do. Anything on the way to Lisle would also be nice; makes the road trip more interesting.

Beverly

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 8:57PM
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI

If you can spare the time, 50 miles NW of Lisle is Woodstock, Ill and home of Rich's Foxwillow Pines. Conifers and hosta, my two favorite plants. All in a lovely setting.

tj

Here is a link that might be useful: Foxwillow Pines

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 10:06PM
danimal77(5a)

Hornbaker Gardens in Princeton. Maybe 1.5hours southwest of the convention, but so worth the trip!!!!

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 8:34PM
penelope(Z6 KY)

Chicago Botanical Garden is only 20 miles north of the city. You could take the train from Lisle downtown, then board the north-bound train to the Garden.

I used to live a little west of Lisle, let me know if I can offer any more advice.

Penny

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
Anyone get Flickr photos to work?
I've read through the attempts at getting photos to...
funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
potted hostas starting too early
Hi. I usually have my potted hostas in the garage (no...
esikko
donrawson
info on spam
anyone know where to find the rules for spam are in...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
If you were to recommend only one hosta it would be........
If you could suggest only one hosta to others as a...
santamiller
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™