Good lights for Peppers

crazy8October 1, 2008

I am going to be growing some jalapeno and cayenne peppers indoors. Im looking at getting TCP XHL lights. Im looking at getting eight lights total. My friend and I will each have two fixtures. Anyway Im thinking about getting 4- 32w 3500k and 4- 32w 4100k. Im just wondering what you all think I should get that will be great for pepper plants and any other vegetable plants (or any plants for that matter)

Thanks for the help again

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobboberan

I am using a string of 15 clear and orange colored christmas lights outside in a clear plastic polyurethane tent for four 5 gallon plastic pails sitting on top of a wood pallet lol... although this is likely not your intention to grow them outdoors it works well for me and is a measure to deal with the cooler outdoor temperatures which came and went in late august and half of september and will be returning again next week including the possibility of frost . We've had two frost days already since the last week of august but yeah it works and is very decorative at night . The bulbs are mainly for added warmth . My bell peppers are half to fully grown so I didn't want to end the season without at least some peppers .

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 2:18AM
More Discussions
Energy efficient grow lighting
We are probably going to buying a nice heavy duty heated...
oldbat2be
Cost-Efficient Lighting
Does anyone know what the most cost-efficient lighting...
Tigger033
Bell peppers
My flowers fall off before fruit developes. Any suggestions?...
AliMatt
6" Inch Titan Inline Fan 440 CFM Industrial Grade
The 6" Inch Titan Inline Fan 440 CFM Industrial...
Dane Theisen
Seed Starting Lights at night?
In my area (Nova Scotia) I have time of day metering...
youngdb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™