picture of lazyhouse bean

rob-growerJuly 2, 2008

could someone please post a picture of the lazy house bean,i am growing some this year and i do not know what they look like.the ones i have are a very large bean i would say around eight inches or more long and they are not full yet.are they supposed to be this big i orded the seed and i was wondering if they sent the right seed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimster(z7a MA)

I think what you have in mind is Lazy Housewife. I don't have a picture, but maybe that will help you find one.

Jim

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 3:34PM
galina

There is a problem with finding pictures on the web: There are at least two different beans with the same name, probably more. Here in Britain LHW is a large, curved bean. There is a picture of this bean on www from the 'Brown Envelope Seeds' company.

I believe the version most widespread in North America is also a large bean, but straight. Were yours long and straight, Jimster?

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 7:56PM
jimster(z7a MA)

I haven't grown them. The only thing I know about them is that they are stringless, thus the name.

Jim

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 8:46PM
rob-grower

you are right jim it is lazy housewife bean i left off the word wife.i would just like to find out what the bean looks like because i would like to save seed from them.from what i have read about them they are 5 to 7 inches long and mine are already longer than that.

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 9:22PM
More Discussions
Gialet della Val Belluna Bean
Has anyone grown this, or know anything about it? I...
rosieo
Beans and leafrollers
Several years ago I was growing Rattlesnake pole beans...
madabouteu
Marvel of Venice
I'd like to try a couple of plants of the yellow pole...
barbge
New raised bed garden
I'm creating a raised bed garden in the front of the...
dbbob
True Heirloom Romano Pole Beans
I've been ordering Romano pole beans for the past few...
fignut
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™