picture of lazyhouse bean

rob-growerJuly 2, 2008

could someone please post a picture of the lazy house bean,i am growing some this year and i do not know what they look like.the ones i have are a very large bean i would say around eight inches or more long and they are not full yet.are they supposed to be this big i orded the seed and i was wondering if they sent the right seed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimster(z7a MA)

I think what you have in mind is Lazy Housewife. I don't have a picture, but maybe that will help you find one.

Jim

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 3:34PM
galina

There is a problem with finding pictures on the web: There are at least two different beans with the same name, probably more. Here in Britain LHW is a large, curved bean. There is a picture of this bean on www from the 'Brown Envelope Seeds' company.

I believe the version most widespread in North America is also a large bean, but straight. Were yours long and straight, Jimster?

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 7:56PM
jimster(z7a MA)

I haven't grown them. The only thing I know about them is that they are stringless, thus the name.

Jim

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 8:46PM
rob-grower

you are right jim it is lazy housewife bean i left off the word wife.i would just like to find out what the bean looks like because i would like to save seed from them.from what i have read about them they are 5 to 7 inches long and mine are already longer than that.

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 9:22PM
More Discussions
black gandules
Hi, does anyone know where I can find black gandules?...
ily68
Margaret Best Greasy Cut Short
These took 66 days to the first picking. I planted...
shuffles_gw
Brown bunch beans---info....please.
My 3 rows of KY Wonder bush bean played their best...
utdeedee
Gialet della Val Belluna Bean
Has anyone grown this, or know anything about it? I...
rosieo
Insuk's Wang Kong (red scarlet runners) part 2
I am the one that wrote the last post, so I am starting...
cabrita
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™