Garden Update

crnagora95(9)July 7, 2011

I've been trying to record all the produce out of my garden, and here it is:

June 12th- One 'Koralik' cherry tomato, 4 grams.

June 13th through June 26- Eight 'Koralik' cherry tomatoes (aout 32 grams)

June 26th- Three 'Koralik' cherry tomatoes, 6 grams; three 'Baba's Pole' Romano beans, 22 grams; one 'Bosnian Pole' Romano bean, 4 grams; three 'Kukuruzar' snap beans, 12 grams

June 28th- One 'Koralik' cherry tomato, 4 grams; two 'Kukuruzar' beans, 4 grams

June 29th- Three 'Kukuruzar' beans, 8 grams; two 'Baba's Pole' beans, 11 grams

July 3rd- One 'Lazy Housewife' bean, 9 grams

July 6th- One 'Rattlesnake' bean, 2 grams; one 'Lazy Housewife' bean, 6 grams; two 'Santa Anna' beans, 6 grams; four 'Bosnian Pole' beans, 17 grams

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

I have yet to harvest a single bean :(. Rhubarb, raspberries, strawberries, lettuce and herbs are it so far, I'm way behind you, tomatoes are starting to form but it's going to be awhile for those.

Annette

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 4:30PM
Ispahan Zone6a Chicago

I have not been harvesting much lately except for 'Mara des Bois' strawberries and Alpine strawberries (a bumper crop from both) and the last of my shelling peas.

As for my beans, 'Giant Red Tarka' and 'Soissons Vert' are starting to flower heavily and are setting lots of rapidly growing pods. My mouth is watering in anticipation of a good shelly harvest.

My 'Tennessee Cutshort' are loving the hot weather we have been having and seem ready to climb to the moon. They are just starting to bud heavily and the first flowers opened yesterday.

'Bosnian Pole' has finally reached the top of its trellis and is setting buds. First flowers opened today.

'Withner's White Cornfield' is also finally settling in and growing. Leaves are quite large, and the plants exactly match the photo in Carol Deppe's
book " The Resilient Gardener." A lot of buds are forming and it looks like the inaugural flowers will open in a day or two. I am surprised to see so many buds since my plants are located in quite heavy shade.

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 10:04PM
happyday(WI4a)

My Dollof beans from Leigh are to the top of the trellis and flowering while my Dollofs from Dar are only a foot or so high. Planted on the same day, right next to each other, no different treatment. ??

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 12:06AM
More Discussions
Black spots on my string beans
For the past 3 years my beans will look beautiful and...
smokey28777
Insuk's Wang Kong (red scarlet runners) part 2
I am the one that wrote the last post, so I am starting...
cabrita
A roll call, who is still here and staying after the "upgrade"?
Harry are you still here? I hope so! You have always...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Shelly Beans
I was just discussing an heirloom bean, "Ma Williams",...
zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin
Canning crowder peas VS Freezing, my take on the subject
Last year I decided to can some of my Hercules crowder...
wertach zone 7-B SC
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™