What kind of lily is this?

ookapik(2-3)July 19, 2013

Can anyone tell me what type of lily this is? It is a single bush-like plant with as many as 50 blooms a year. I'd like to get a few more but haven't been able to find them anywhere, although I don't know exactly what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

It looks to be a rather crowded clump of asiatic lilies. You could just divide the clump this fall after the foliage and stem have browned. You will likely find a very large cluster of bulbs under there which will need to be gently teased apart. Washing the soil off with a hose may be helpful as well. There are quite a few online places selling lily bulbs in the fall. There will also be quite a few available in the box stores this fall. Here is one reputable online source, there are several. Their fall catalog should be up soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lily Garden

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 9:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linnea56(z5 IL)

Dwarf asiatic, aka a patio or pot lily. Your photo is a bit blurry, but it could be Red Matrix or Orange Matrix.

For something small and easier to find, Look for potted lilies in the "Tiny" series. They stay small. At least here, they are commonly available potted, though not as bulbs. They are easy to pick up for very little when they are done blooming, and will reward you many times over in following years. . .

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 10:15PM
More Discussions
strange baby foliage
Rosidah
got my first peace lilly...
On the sale rack at a big box store. Ive looked around...
jameya
What the heck happened to my hybrid lilies
I brought this pot of lilies at home depot and it was...
tlbean2004
Did I kill my lily bulbs?
This fall my husband had to dig up our lily bulbs to...
grandma_gardener_02
Toad Lily
In five years, this is the first flower my toad lily...
TNY78
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™