Latvia - Netty's Pride Identical?

rosalinda_gwJuly 20, 2008

Hi Folks,

This year I grew some Latvia Lilies and some Netty's Pride lilies and I was surprised to see that they are identical - size, shape, color. I though the Latvias were supposed to be green with dark centers and the Netty's Pride white with dark centers, but they are all white with dark centers. They are spectacular, but if I had known they were the same, I would have not bought them both. Does anyone know if they are the same variety under different names?

Thanks,

Rosalinda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

I don't know about Netty's Pride, but my Latvia is yellow with dark centers and dark freckles into the yellow. I will be interested to see what others have.

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 12:03AM
Crazy_Gardener(Z2b AB Canada)

No, they are not the same...

Here's how mine look like.

Latvia

Nettie's Pride

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 3:20AM
rosalinda_gw

Wow Crazy Gardener, those Latvias are BEAUTIFUL! I sure wish I had some, but ALL mine so far look just like picture number 2 - definitely all Netty's Pride. Now the Netty's Pride are also great, and they fit wonderfully in my black and white garden, but I was hoping to put the Latvia's in my new "Citrus" garden (orange, lemon, lime), so the rest of the Netty's Pride will have to join the others in the B&W garden.

I bought 2 bags (6 bulbs total) of the Latvia's from Van Bourgondien, and so far the three that have opened are identical to the Netty's Pride, so I assume they must be the same, but maybe I will get lucky and have SOME of them actually turn out to be Latvia.

Thanks for your help, everyone - much appreciated!

-Rosalinda

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 3:16PM
More Discussions
Is this weed some sort of lily?
No idea what this is, except that it is a weed, and...
jacqueline9CA
Best/Favorite Co. to get Lily Bulbs?
I would like to add some tall fragrant oriental, chinese...
aunt_lou
Take that voles/mice !
My lilies were looking beautiful & increasing for...
pandora
What the heck happened to my hybrid lilies
I brought this pot of lilies at home depot and it was...
tlbean2004
lily virus
Hello all - Here is a picture taken this summer of...
jebfarm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™