ID white lily, please

johnsaunt(7)July 16, 2009

Sorry no picture. Oriental, white with a pale yellow streak down the center of each petal. It's not quite as tall as my Casa Blancas, but equally fragrant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flora2b(z6a bc)

Sorry Johnsaunt, lily varieties are getting so numerous, with so many hybrids that it is near impossible to identify even with a picture. Try googling 'amazing' and see if it matches up.....there are simply dozens of orientals that match you description.
Flora

Bookmark   July 17, 2009 at 2:26AM
johnsaunt(7)

Thanks for trying, but that's not it--the yellow stripe on mine is much paler. I didn't realize that there were so many varieties. I'll just enjoy its gorgeous, fragrant flowers and not worry about its name.

Bookmark   July 17, 2009 at 5:54AM
flora2b(z6a bc)

Johnsaunt,
Just so happens that after I posted, jaceysgranny put a pic on the gallery side called expressions....check it out!
Good choice to just enjoy the beauty....it never lasts near long enough anyways.
Flora

Bookmark   July 18, 2009 at 12:41AM
aliska12000(Z5)

Sounds like my Aubade, but I've seen other similar lilies with different names.

Can you tell us where you got it?

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 9:15PM
johnsaunt(7)

Thank you, Aliska, that looks very much like mine. I have no idea where I got it! I am getting old and senile, I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure my Casablanca was purchased, but most of my plants are from trades.

Can someone tell me how to post pictures that will show up as Aliska's does? I don't have an account with Photobucket or any of those sites, but I would love to post pictures that are easy to see.

Many thanks, Ginny

Bookmark   July 20, 2009 at 7:40AM
aliska12000(Z5)

I mean to modify these instructions as most people use photobucket which gives you the code, but I put this together hoping it would help and tried to make it more all-encompassing and maybe more confusing in the process. There is also somewhere around here which explains the process as well.

Remember you can practice and keep hitting preview until you see that you have got it and your photo will appear if you get it right. If you don't get it yet, just don't hit the submit button and keep trying. It dawns on you in stages, is confusing at first. I first thought photos must show up from my hard drive! We sure wouldn't want that intrusion, but I was naive in those days.

Begin code instructions:

Bookmark   July 20, 2009 at 11:48AM
More Discussions
Best/Favorite Co. to get Lily Bulbs?
I would like to add some tall fragrant oriental, chinese...
aunt_lou
Need help with Lilies of the Valley
Hello, I purchased a package of lilies of the valley...
Deb Capecci
Is this a Lily, or what is it?
I planted this as a bulb over 5 years ago, basically...
jacqueline9CA
Is there any hope??
I have lilies that grow wild on the side of my house....
Twin Cities Trade
hostaholic2 z 4, MN
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™