But I don't feel like planting today!

hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)November 5, 2011

Hi fellow iris lovers,

I went to the SFVIS meeting on Thursday, because I could not resist the opportunity to meet and hear the hybridizer Jim Hedgecock. What a horrible mistake!

Jim was fantastic, of course, but I won his gorgeous new Spuria intro called 'Backlit' and caught Spuria fever. Now it's time to plant 'Backlit', two 'Gilded Chalice', 'Dandelion Smile', 'St. Patrick's Gold', and a Louisiana iris called 'Malibu Magic', and I have no place for any of them. As a matter of fact, my existing Louisianas are suffering from overcrowding and must be divided, but dragging them out of my stinky icky pond filled with leaf litter from last week's Santa Ana winds has sucked the wind right out of my sails.

Why did I do it? Why?

Renee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aquawise(zone 4 Utah)

Well If you like I could take them off you hands????? I have lots of room and all that!!! I wish I were so lucky! Love Spurias!! Heck I love all Iris.

Bookmark   November 5, 2011 at 5:57PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

And here I was just thinking of you and wondering if you would be interested in taking some Jap. iris off my hands.

Bookmark   November 5, 2011 at 8:13PM
aquawise(zone 4 Utah)

Absolutely!!LOL How much postage would you need? Got lots off room. Can overwinter them in my Little heated greenhouse. WOW!
I am the luckiest one!!!!!LOL

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 10:22AM
svanessa(9/SoCal)

I love Spuria too but didn't get my orders in on time so I'll have to wait until next year. I have my hands full still needing to plant over 100 rhizomes and a half-bushel of daffodils and a few naked ladies. Hoping to do it this weekend but it's supposed to rain again. They may all end up in pots for now, such a dilemma to have. ;-)

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 10:54AM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Aqua ~~ I sent you an email.

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 3:14PM
More Discussions
Transplant and blooming
Hello to you all! I might as well preface this by saying...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
Dutch Iris
Can Dutch Iris be planted in the Spring ? or are they...
maximus2015
Seedling
Here is photo of an SDB I have been looking at out...
criris_z8
1st Dutch iris open (bulb)
I love bearded iris. But I'm also a sucker for bulb...
irisgal_z9
Iris rhizome buying experience and feedback.
I would like to relate an iris rhizome buying experience...
kathemm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™