So many choices, so little experience...
I would love to try growing lilies. But, with so many out there, I am a little overwhelmed and don't know where to begin. So here is my list of questions/ideas.
1) My favorite colors: Red, orange, and yellow or mix of those colors. Fragrance a plus.
2) I'd prefer those under 3 feet tall, unless they are very strong stemmed. Oklahoma has strong winds often.
- With a small budget, who has the best prices and good customer service?
4) Which are the best multipliers, year to year?
5) What are some good companion plants with lilies?
6) For longest season of bloom, which types begin early and end later?
7) I have clay soil, which isn't too heavy, but to reduce chances of rotting, would it be a good idea to add a little sand under the bulb before planting? Should I add any type of fertilizer, like bone meal, or just wait until spring?
I am sure to have more questions, but this is a good start.