Garage Garden Room

hydrotaig(z5 OH)November 29, 2005

I'd like to build a small room in my unheated garage to create a grow room. I'm thinking 4'x6', and I already have a 400 Watt hydrofarm light. My main problem is it gets quit cold here around 0 F. Does anyone have any advise?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shrubs_n_bulbs(z8/9 UK)

Build it out of insulation foam :)

Bookmark   November 29, 2005 at 2:04PM
jwmeyer(Z8 OR)

And add a heater that has a thermistat...I do it on my back porch and it's working well.

Good luck.

Bookmark   November 29, 2005 at 4:46PM
asparagusfinger(zone 9)

When you build this don't forget the floor. Put insulation on the floor also. Heat will travel to the coolest spot so be sure to seal all seams and make the door so the you can seal it when it is shut. I'm in zone 9 in Florida and I get away with making walls out of 1 x 2 lumber and covering both side with plastic foil, or what ever it is called. Visquine maybe the name of it. If you have the space give yourself enough room to move things around in there. Ventilation, heating, and light will have to be kind of a what works for you. Please be careful so that you don't create an unsafe situation. Make sure all electrical circuits are fused and all flammable material is out of the way. Hope I don't sound too critical on this stuff but you need to keep all of this in the plans. Wish you good luck.

asparagusfinger

Bookmark   December 3, 2005 at 6:48PM
More Discussions
More beautiful plumeria blossoms under grow lights
More proof that grow lights work! I planted this plumeria...
arctictropical
1000 watts surrounded by 320 plants! Shoe organizers are back!
Some of you may remember my shoe organizer grows. Im...
MisterK
When to replace lights?
Hi, I have a 3-shelf cart with plant lights. I mostly...
frances_in_nj
Seeking advice about current indoor seed starting setup
Hello, I am new to gardening and would like to start...
dotagardener
germinating and lighting
I am about to start some hot pepper seeds I ordered...
mikwya
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™