Where to get the cheapest MH setup?

newgen(9 Central California)November 24, 2009

I'm looking for the lowest price for a 400W MH setup that includes everything needed to get started, plug and play. Should have the ballast, bulb, reflector, cables,....

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
taz6122(N.W. AR.6b)

I'm not sure that 400W or even 120V would be available but I know of several factories and warehouses that have and are switching from MH/HPS to T5 and all of their units can be had for cheap. Ebay or Craigslist would also be good places to look.

Bookmark   December 10, 2009 at 4:57PM
struwwelpeter(5)

I'm not sure that 400W or even 120V would be available but I know of several factories and warehouses that have and are switching from MH/HPS to T5 and all of their units can be had for cheap. Ebay or Craigslist would also be good places to look.

I have noticed that unanswered original posts (OPs) stay on top of the page. After awhile, often, someone gives an off-topic or otherwise bad reply to that post. Then those OPs float to the bottom of the page and out of sight, without ever having been properly answered.

Bookmark   December 12, 2009 at 12:34PM
taz6122(N.W. AR.6b)

I've noticed some people like to argue and say things to heat things up. Where did you get the idea that non answered OPs stay on top? After a period of time they all advance. The following 2 are unanswered in this forum on page one.

Usta Co., Ltd High Pres Sodium Starter
garnet micro red amaranth under lights?

If the OP wants it to stay on top they should reply once in a while to keep it up. The OP didn't state they were looking for a NEW setup so I replied with an option for finding a CHEAP setup.

I see you have once again managed to dodge the answer yourself and try to make it look like I did something wrong. LOL, try again.

Bookmark   December 12, 2009 at 10:28PM
struwwelpeter(5)

I've noticed some people like to argue and say things to heat things up. Where did you get the idea that non answered OPs stay on top? After a period of time they all advance. The following 2 are unanswered in this forum on page one.
Usta Co., Ltd High Pres Sodium Starter
garnet micro red amaranth under lights?

If the OP wants it to stay on top they should reply once in a while to keep it up. The OP didn't state they were looking for a NEW setup so I replied with an option for finding a CHEAP setup.

I see you have once again managed to dodge the answer yourself and try to make it look like I did something wrong. LOL, try again.

Sorry, my bad.

Bookmark   December 13, 2009 at 11:16AM
wordwiz

newgen,

I just bought a 400 watt HPS system (not MH) from HTG Supply. With shipping it was less than $150. The bulb is suppose to have a bit more blue and violet spectrum light than normal HPS, but I'm not so much concerned about vegetative growth.

Mike

Bookmark   December 29, 2009 at 2:42PM
stacysgreenhouse

We use a few htgsupply 400w hps lamps with 'dual arc' mh/hps lamps. They work very well in the early spring when it's still too cold in the greenhouses, they provide tons of light and warm the greenhouse to normal levels. I bought them because they were the cheapest, but they have a 2 year warranty. I've had the same ballasts for a few years now and they still work great. Bulbs get changed about once a year and rage in price from $10 - $75. I buy dual arc bulbs on ebay for around $25.

Bookmark   January 4, 2010 at 4:10PM
luv_2_gardn

They don't get much cheaper than the site listed below. If you don't care about vegetation you may want an HPS for flowering -- a pot growers dream for creating "bud." Their loss, my gain -- love growing flowers in winter :) Creates a much better high and it's legal :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Cheap Lights

Bookmark   January 7, 2010 at 10:10AM
amigatec(7a Oklahoma)

Can you tell me more about these 'dual arc' bulbs??

Bookmark   January 25, 2010 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
How to translate lux reading from phone app into lumens/ft2
I took a reading from where one of my succulents was...
Bama_Joe
Seed Starting Lights at night?
In my area (Nova Scotia) I have time of day metering...
youngdb
Correcting Lighting Later?
Hello, I am germinating Palmer amaranth for an experiment...
Tigger033
More beautiful plumeria blossoms under grow lights
More proof that grow lights work! I planted this plumeria...
arctictropical
My indoor garden setup - any improvements?
This is my proposed setup for my indoor garden. I'm...
gardev
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™