How is the harvest going?
Just wondering how everyone's harvest results have been going?
It has been a very dry year here in Iowa and I have not watered thus all of my legumes are quite a bit behind. Now it is a race to the first frost for all of my seed saving efforts, I think it is going to be close.
- My snap bush beans(Empress, Cherokee Wax) have produced very well this year for fresh eating.
- My snap pole beans(Migliorucci,Landfrauen,Nell's Climbing, Bosnian Yellow Pod) are behind this season and just starting to produce.
- My dry bush beans(Hutterite,Dr Wyches Russian) are on track, other than a tiller incident earlier in the season.
- My surprise bush cowpea(Biwa Sitter), from the regional meskwaki tribe is doing quite well. I thought this would be a dry bush bean when planted.
- My bush cowpea(Purple Hull) are drying quite well and as always has been a great cowpea here in Iowa for me.
- A few more I will talk about later.
Looking forward to hear about everyone's results.