Shipping Bamboo?

megerz714February 28, 2008

Hello, I'm new to the site but was looking for a little help.

A friend of mine has a birthday coming up, but happens to live 3 hours south of me and I won't be able to see her. I just bought her a small lucky bamboo plant and was hoping to ship it to her. However, I do not know how to go about doing so, or if it would even be possible. In-depth instructions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stokesjl(5 IA)

hey there:

i've shipped several plants for trading purposes. what i normally do is wrap the roots in damp (not sopping wet) paper towls. then i loosely wrap the plant in several layers of newspaper and gently fold the ends down. i then place this in a ziploc plastic bag or if it wont fit in there, i tie it in a plastic grocery bag. in the winter i will insulate the package with mucho amounts of both above and below and on the sides of the plastic bag. your lucky bamboo is only travelling three hours south of you, so this should suffice.

this is how i ship plants. some of the folks in the plant exchange forum may have other methods.

think spring!

-Jonathan

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 10:58AM
susanmvickers_hotmail_com

Hello! I don't have an answer to shipping your Bamboo Plant, however i do have a question! How do you ship bamboo poles? I've racked my brian trying to figure out how to ship without them getting broke! Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!

Bookmark   March 29, 2011 at 5:37PM
juliebees2009(7)

I will be totally honest with you Susan I have ordered several 5 and 6 ft lucky bamboo stalks and if they are not good at shipping out the plant its going to break out of around 8 all was broke in half or some where were around 4 so I am very careful who I buy them from and I do NOT use ebay at all!

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 11:54PM
More Discussions
large lucky bamboo seems sick!?
I haven't had this long, I bought it from a store in...
calliesue
7 Ft Lucky Bamboo/ Dracaena starting to turn Yellow- Help!
I have a 7 ft tall lucky bamboo aka Dracaena sanderiana...
cruzinpattis
Help! Stem turning yellow
These have been doing great for a long time. Now the...
weetoots
Lucky bamboo cuttings
Okay, I got 3 Lucky bamboo cuttings sale from my local...
YouthGarden
Is my lucky bamboo dying?
Hello I'm Kori, About 6 months ago my sister bought...
Karamelkiss10
Sponsored Products
Hampton Bay Dining Furniture Beverly 5-Piece Patio Sectional Seating Set with
Home Depot
Magdalena Large Suspension by Terzani
$3,600.00 | Lumens
Canteen 3 Piece Outdoor Patio Patio Set in Espresso White
$599.00 | LexMod
Elk Lighting 17H in. Saint Sever Bird Sculpture Accessory - 93-9051
$106.00 | Hayneedle
Kartell | Taj Table Lamp
$550.00 | YLighting
Monet Mailbox by HouseArt
$250.00 | Lumens
Otto ADA Wall Sconce by SONNEMAN Lighting
$300.00 | Lumens
Belham Living San Miguel Cast Aluminum Dining Swivel Rocker- Set of 2 - 22-99548
$689.98 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™