Lucky Bamboo leaves have turned white

pooja_iyerMarch 16, 2009

Hi

We have a lucky bamboo which was kept indoors and was doing fine. Last week, accidentally we kept it in direct sunlight for couple of hours. All the leaves have now turned white.

Some of them are part green.

Can this plant be restored to its original health? Any tips / advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Pooja

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
evonnestoryteller(5-6)

Hi Pooja. I am very sorry to hear about your plant difficulty.

It sounds like the plant got a bit sunburned and bleached. Hopefully there is enough life leftin the plant to recover. Returning the plant to the normal growing location will probably allow it to establish more healthy growth again. The leaves will not turn back to green, but if it does manage to rejuvenate, it will start more growth for you.

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 8:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
biblebeth_gmail_com

Hi Pooja,
I know that this is over a year later. My Lucky Bamboo was outside in the sun this past summer the entire time and ended up turning entirely white on me. I made sure that I kept water in it and then when autumn rolled around I brought it back inside. The entire plant is back to being a dark green color. I am going to have to put it in a new vase soon considering that the roots are starting to get tangled. I wish you the best with your plant.

Bookmark   March 9, 2011 at 12:51PM
More Discussions
When to trim plant?
I have had a lucky bamboo plant from IKEA for four...
nmfennig54
Suffering Lucky Bamboo
Hello! I am hoping someone can give me some advice...
sisle
dying lucky bamboo
A girl I work with asked me to watch a bunch of her...
Puchinita5
My response to yucky water
So I'm seeing a lot of people posting problems with...
raweseus
Lucky bamboo - Black spots and yellowing leaves
Hi everyone, This is my first post in this forum. This...
itsfighter
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™