Lucky Bamboo Stalks

feathersiteMarch 8, 2010

I have 2 Lucky Bamboo's but they are very long w/just a few leaves at the top. My question is will leaves ever reemerge from the stalks and if not what should I do to get a bushier plater? Sandi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
evonnestoryteller(5-6)

You would have to cut the stalks back to see if the shoots will sprout. You may want to look at some photos online to see what they look like cut back. You will see how the shoots occur right by the cuts. The parts you cut off can be rerooted.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 10:28PM
er123

My lucky bamboo has white sticks that look like roots but they are thicker towards the middle of the stalk and this part is under water could it be roots or new leafs?

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 10:15PM
juliebees2009(7)

O.K. Heres a new odd question....I had a 4 tear bamboo plant and the stalks started turning white but the leaves are green and then it rots but the leaves continue to stay green on most of them very odd also the roots were fine.
I checked for insects it did not have any so I just propagated the ones I could and sanitized them and have them in my rooting vase.
Has this ever happened to anyone? It was different even pretty but they would not stay that way. Also let me add the stalks were firm and not wrinkled or different than a green one it just turned white and died not a thing was done different than had been done all the past years.

Bye for now
j-b's

weird huh? Oh it was around 4-6 years old BTW

Bookmark   June 16, 2011 at 2:12AM
More Discussions
7 Ft Lucky Bamboo/ Dracaena starting to turn Yellow- Help!
I have a 7 ft tall lucky bamboo aka Dracaena sanderiana...
cruzinpattis
Groaning circles
I have a lucky bambo but it is one that has not grown...
dhd47
yellowing leaves, identify the problem/solution?
I have a lucky bamboo that is growing with another...
Puchinita5
Lucky bamboo cuttings
Okay, I got 3 Lucky bamboo cuttings sale from my local...
YouthGarden
Brown spots on lucky bamboo
I've had this lucky bamboo for about a month or two....
catash701
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™