Spathiphyllum Repotting - and drooping

persifoniAugust 19, 2007

I have a new peace lilly in its original plastic pot from the nursery - she is drooping today - I watered her but still drooping - should I give more water??

Also, I need to repot her - is potting plants directly into a ceramic ornamental pot (with a drainage hole drilled by the company) acceptable and safe for the plant? I cannot find a plastic pot that is bigger and yet fits properly into the ceramic - also have a beautiful Italian clay pot for ornamental use - however, was thinking of repotting her in this as clay will breathe, correct?

Question: Should I place shards of clay over the drainage hole before filling with Miracle Grow potting soil?

Thank you for your help - please, I do not want her to die - she is so beautiful and I am trying to do the right thing. Appreciate any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tjsangel(z5 OH)

Hi,

Your peace lily is probably trying to adjust to your home. It might also be potbound. I'd go with a plastic pot, just because this plant loves moisture, and you'd have to keep a close eye on it in a clay pot. They like to be moist just a slight drying out before a drink again. You dont need anything at the bottom as long as you have decent potting soil. They also like morning sun, at least a little to bloom. Good luck,

Jen

Bookmark   August 20, 2007 at 6:54AM
More Discussions
Did I kill my lily bulbs?
This fall my husband had to dig up our lily bulbs to...
grandma_gardener_02
Best/Favorite Co. to get Lily Bulbs?
I would like to add some tall fragrant oriental, chinese...
aunt_lou
Please help me grow this Lily plant?
I have had this Lily for a long while. Very rarely...
Fathim_Zazu
Is this weed some sort of lily?
No idea what this is, except that it is a weed, and...
jacqueline9CA
Take that voles/mice !
My lilies were looking beautiful & increasing for...
pandora
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™