a question about my indoor lucky bamboo
i am new to the world of bamboo.. and also new to this site and well i need a little help..
* I have had a lucky bamboo since about Feb 08 - and it was doing great up til now..
*Let me start by telling you what i have done so far.. the bamboo is in water and rocks (pebels) - i use destilled water, when watering it once a week, I also use green green to help it stay green..
* My house is usually 70-73 degrees...
I took it down yesterday for its weekly watering, (the rocks are almost always dry.. on a weekly bases...
I noticed that i have 2-3 leaves on the plant that have turned yellow!!
> The rest of the plant, stalks other leaves ect or all pretty much green.. I felt the stalks, and they are solid*
The only thing that has me concerned are the yellow leaves.. i was looking on the web for answers as to what it might be, and am a bit confused on what to think.. here is what they said:
* It could be lack of water..
* not enough sunlight
* its naturally doing that to get ready for the warmer months ahead.. (the old dead leaves will fall off and make new ones)
* You can cut off the dead yellow leaves without harming the plant itself
* As long as the stalks are green, your bamboo is fine..
If all of that is true then id be okay, but im still needing some answers as to why its doing this.. & how to fix it, to assure a healthy plant. Please help!!'
i have been reading alot of things on yellowing of the leaves, and someone said to try placing it into a warmer room??
Okay.. One of my rooms have a live fireplace in it, would it not be a good thing for my plant to be in that same room??
my bamboo is NOT currently in this room, we have it placed in the living room..
i was just curious.. please help me with my bamboo..