Changing water

amberhtMay 7, 2007

I recently transplanted my lucky bamboo because it had grown from about 6 inches to over 2 feet. I put it in a large vase so it has room to grow. The only problem is, now i don't know how to change the water. I'm afraid if I turn it over and dump it, the marbles will get displaced and the roots will get damaged. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fledglingardening

You could try to set up some sort of siphon system. If you threaded a piece of aquarium tubing down under the marbles you could then use it to suck all the water out. If the tube was long enough and the vase high enough up, you could use gravity to do most of the work, once the siphon was started. Sorta like the roman fountains. This would probably be rather obvious though, as you'd have to have a coil of tubing attached to the plant.

If you could get a glass tube that could reach from the bottom of the vase to just a bit above the marbles, and aquarium tubing that fit over it snuggly, you could do the same thing but detatch the plastic tube between water changes. That would be prettier, but I don't know where you'd need to look for a glass tube. :-/

Bookmark   May 12, 2007 at 8:34AM
More Discussions
Lucky bamboo cuttings
Okay, I got 3 Lucky bamboo cuttings sale from my local...
YouthGarden
yellowing leaves, identify the problem/solution?
I have a lucky bamboo that is growing with another...
Puchinita5
Lucky bamboo - Black spots and yellowing leaves
Hi everyone, This is my first post in this forum. This...
itsfighter
Suffering Lucky Bamboo
Hello! I am hoping someone can give me some advice...
sisle
large lucky bamboo seems sick!?
I haven't had this long, I bought it from a store in...
calliesue
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™