Kentucky Wonder with black-tipped leaves

angelady777 (was angelady on GW) - Zone 6(6)August 31, 2008

Sorry, I don't have pictures. The rest of the plants look fine, but the tips of some of the leaves appear to roll up black (not brown). Does anyone know what is causing this? It just started. I can't find any plant disease or insect problem that makes the leaves do this. I am wondering if too much rain lately has led to this for some reason?

~Angela

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angelady777 (was angelady on GW) - Zone 6(6)

Well, they are fine now... I think they just went through some kind of shock from being moved around. I have them planted in containers and took them to my mom's while I was away. The day I brought them back here, this is what happened and continue to happen for awhile. I could tell they were really trying to get over whatever it was and now they look as good as new.

It's also possible it was just simply the heat / direct sun... this is my first garden so I have no idea what they like/dislike... I am pretty sure they were in more direct sun that was over 95 degrees just up until recently here than they were in at my mom's... perhaps that was it... Regardless, they finally got over it and are looking great.

~Angela

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 6:22AM
jimster(z7a MA)

That's good to hear, Angela. I'm glad you got back to us about this despite receiving no answers to your post. Sometimes no one has an answer.

Jim

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 11:41AM
cabrita(9b SoCal)

Very true! I had no idea what the problem that you described was but I am glad your KW are doing good now. These are the best type of problems, the ones that go away by themselves...

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 2:51PM
More Discussions
Anybody know what cultivar????
Sorry about the blurry phone pics... We've been growing...
mav72
Japanese Sword Beans
Anyone grow these. Kitizawa seed company offers them....
denninmi
Insuk's Wang Kong (red scarlet runners) part 2
I am the one that wrote the last post, so I am starting...
cabrita
Germination Test #1 Chinese Long Green long bean
My family has grown this variety of long bean since...
nightbloomincereus 7A noVA
Interesting threads...
Searching for past posts isn't that easy, at least...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™