Help I'm mooving too!

pat_tea(PNW, Van,WA)September 26, 2006

I dug my lilies for the moove in early Sept. with stalk and all. I potted them in nursery pots but will not be able to put them in the ground until Spring because the new area is not yet prepared. So, how do I care for them this winter? Do I leave them potted? Cover them? Water them? Help please. I am mooving to zone 7 pnw, lots of rain, maybe snow and most likely frost.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azngrnthumbs

Welcome to the great Pacific Northwest! One of the best lily growing regions in the WORLD!! hehe

I'd keep your lilies potted and kept in a cold area that does not freeze and thaw constantly. An unheated garage or cellar or even a protected area outdoors where you can throw an old blanket over them when it's freezing will work well. Hopefully, the potting mix you have for them drains well as this will be key in getting them through the winter. They need some moisture, but not too much.

Key thing is to keep them cool and evenly moist, but not too moist and they'll be up and going again next spring. Also, be sure to cut off those stems when they brown up so they don't attract any critters.

Hope this helps a bit

Riz

Bookmark   September 27, 2006 at 4:35PM
More Discussions
Need help with Lilies of the Valley
Hello, I purchased a package of lilies of the valley...
Deb Capecci
Please help me grow this Lily plant?
I have had this Lily for a long while. Very rarely...
Fathim_Zazu
strange baby foliage
Rosidah
Extra large lily bulb
My daughter in Oregon recently dug a large Silk Road....
flowergirl70ks
Is this weed some sort of lily?
No idea what this is, except that it is a weed, and...
jacqueline9CA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™