My New Lucky Bamboo

evonnestoryteller(5-6)November 2, 2007

I really love my new lucky bamboo plant! I have never seen one as nice as this in person. Unfortunately, a little piece of it got knocked off. (That is what the little red tie is.) I tried to graft it back, but someone knocked that off despite my securing the plant above and below the graft.

I hope it grows out nicely with sprouts in the right place!

Thanks for all the great information. Mine is still in water, and now I have the information on how to grow these in soil. As soon as I find the right container, I am potting up the plant!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ninjatails

Ooh, that looks so pretty but I probably could never afford it xP.

I'm hoping that one day I can collect a bunch of small ones and grow it fancy like that. Sadly, I don't think that the knocked off section will graft back on... If it starts dying I would recommend taking it off completely and putting it in some water so that you will at least have something out of it. Hopefully some more will grow in its place, and you can probably just hide it in the back... ;)

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 12:42AM
evonnestoryteller(5-6)

I will never know for sure if the graft would work or not. Someone knocked it off. I did stick the section in some soil and it is growing nicely. If you know that it does not graft, then I am happy with the outcome.

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 10:15PM
whansen02

I purchased a lucky bamboo a few years ago for my mother. She loves her outdoor gardens, but her house is very ... untouched, I'll say. She says she has no time to decorate inside with life because she enjoys the outside work so much. I new lucky bamboo's were pretty easy to care for (just water), and I just love mine, so anyways ... she got a little life in the house not.
Cheers

Here is a link that might be useful: cpr classes

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 4:35PM
evonnestoryteller(5-6)

I thought I would show everyone my same plant one year later after transitioning it to soil. You can see how much it has grown and how nicely it has fanned out!

Bookmark   November 16, 2008 at 11:15AM
luckybambooplant(9)

Oh, It looks very nice! how about the graft? do those stalk well now?

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 10:07PM
evonnestoryteller(5-6)

I never got to see if the graft would take. Someone knocked it off, so I just stuck it in soil. That little piece of broken stalk is its own plant now. It is actually getting quite tall.

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 10:39PM
summerbreak2010

what kind of soil should i use for the lucky bamboo?

Bookmark   July 31, 2010 at 4:43PM
More Discussions
Warts / fungus / yellow leaf
Hi, I've had this Dracaena sanderiana for about 8 years....
YannigVdW
My bamboo has been frozen, eaten, and propagated...
I received two lucky bamboo as a gift from a wedding....
Jetson324
dying lucky bamboo
A girl I work with asked me to watch a bunch of her...
Puchinita5
Lucky bamboo - Black spots and yellowing leaves
Hi everyone, This is my first post in this forum. This...
itsfighter
trying to bring this fourm back
Im trying to continually check this fourm for questions...
michael1846
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™