After Seasoned Lily Issue

katmarieSeptember 18, 2011

My lily was beautiful this past season but now I am at a loss as to what I should do... I've seen pictures of other after season lilies and I believe that something has gone wrong... My lily has turned brown in colour... stem, leaves, everything. The leaves have dried out and it appears to be under-watered... but that isn't the case. It gets watered regularly. It is in a pot on my apartment deck. It gets an appropriate amount of direct sunlight in the morning and then some shade in the afternoon. Should I be cutting the stem down? There is evidence that a stem has been cut previously.

My lily is an oriental 'Marco Polo' Lily.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hostaholic2 z 4, MN

It's possible that you have over-watered your lily or it may be that it is simply going dormant. You don't say what growing zone you are in. I'm in zone 4 and my early blooming asiatics are just now turning yellow. It's much easier to grow lilies in the ground than in a pot. if you give us more info we may be able to give you a better answer. You may want to google botrytis and see if that's what your lily looks like.

Bookmark   September 18, 2011 at 11:34PM
More Discussions
Red Lily Leaf Beetle Sited
11:15 am in Malden, Ma ( just outside Boston) Came...
MichaelB_MAz6
strange baby foliage
Rosidah
Storing my newly purchased lily bulbs
I just purchased many lily bulbs, mostly oriental....
grammabarb
Take that voles/mice !
My lilies were looking beautiful & increasing for...
pandora
Is there any hope??
I have lilies that grow wild on the side of my house....
Twin Cities Trade
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™