New here...couple of questions

shauntavia(z8 GA)December 10, 2012

I have a stalk that I have had for about 8 months that won't produce leaves? What could be wrong? Also is there a good supplier online?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
variegatednancy1

You can usually find lucky bamboo from local places like stores that sell Asian things or nurseries.

With lucky bamboo you can start in water or you can start in soil. I use only water.

I wonder if there is a top and a bottom for bamboo. If so maybe if you don't already have roots, you could turn it upside down and try rooting from that. I have one bamboo (total 9) which rooted, then gave a baby at the bottom of the bamboo branch.

Once the babies are large enough, you can tear them off and start the baby in water. Check out Lucky Bamboo on Youtube.

Nancy

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 10:22PM
Steph-Jack

We are new too. Jack gave me a lucky bamboo as a present when we first met 2 1/2yrs ago. It's n water and we have changed it to a bigger glass pot once. It's in the bathroom with nice indirect light. It's pale. I keep the water filled to the top...just tap water and we have a water softener so it has salt in t. I tried a bit of watered down miracle grow a few months ago and it made it a little worse. I will try to post a pic. Thx. Stephanie

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 8:47PM
Steph-Jack

Image file to upload is grayed out for us. Any advice on that? :)

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
trying to bring this fourm back
Im trying to continually check this fourm for questions...
michael1846
Are these Bamboo Shoots dead?
At least 4 of them look dead, but I was wondering if...
EtherAlys
My response to yucky water
So I'm seeing a lot of people posting problems with...
raweseus
What water to use on lucky bamboo
I bought lucky bamboo today. And I have spent all night...
JackJoe1
Lucky bamboo cuttings
Okay, I got 3 Lucky bamboo cuttings sale from my local...
YouthGarden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™