asiatic lilly 'Flevo

chrisking73October 14, 2009

Hello,

I am brand new to this site and my knowledge of plants is very limited so please be patient with me.

I have a Asiatic Lily on my roof terrace. It is in a ceramic container with miracle grow top soil. I water it regually and it is well drained. It does not get too much sun because it is not that sunny in this country. However when it is sunny it gets full sun.

It had lots of pretty flowers when I brought it and after a few weeks all the flowers fell off. We are now in autumm going into winter. It is now turing a yellow brown colour and I mean everything is turning this colour all the stems included. Does this mean it is dying? Or will the flowers come back next year?

Thanks a lot.

Chris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stanly(Z03)

Hi Chris, I have several hundred Asiatic lilies in my yard and I don't know about your place, whether you have a yard or only a terrace. However, each of the Asiatic lilies bloom for about 2-3 weeks and for my climate, mostly in July and then lose their flowers. The leaves of the lily feed the lily bulb and as summer goes on, the leaves and stems die and when they are totally dry, I pull off the stems. Any Lilies I have that are in a container I take them out and plant them in the ground in the fall to over winter. Asiatic lilies are very hardy here in our Zone 3 gardens and multiply quite quickly. Stan

Bookmark   October 15, 2009 at 5:08PM
More Discussions
Is there any hope??
I have lilies that grow wild on the side of my house....
Twin Cities Trade
What flòwer is this?
I think that this flower is some kind of lily?
kgibbs25
Did I kill my lily bulbs?
This fall my husband had to dig up our lily bulbs to...
grandma_gardener_02
id for pink crinum
I am looking for the botanical name for the pink crinum...
linda_leaf z10fla
hostaholic2 z 4, MN
Sponsored Products
Classic Lilly Collection Lead Free Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen / Bar Faucet Brushed
eModern Decor
Arteriors Home - Lilly Sculpture - 7183
Great Furniture Deal
Screen Gems Lilly Screen
Beyond Stores
Perry Ellis Asian Lilly Shower Curtain
Overstock.com
Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Lilly Onyx 8' x 10'
Home Depot
Reed and Barton Equinox 10 in. Crystal Vase - 6005/1040
$100.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for: