Tables for Lily bud count ?

phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)November 10, 2005

When I first looked into growing lilies I remember seeing a table online somewhere that listed the typical bud count of mature lily cultivars....but now I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone know where I could find something like this again? I'm not a bigtime grower, but am interested in lilies for the vase, and thought that it would be smart to look for ones that had a higher bud count. Any suggestions? Thanks. Phyl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowerfarmer

Phyl,
Maybe the information on this website will help.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing Lilies for Cut Flowers -- Including Bud Count

Bookmark   November 11, 2005 at 8:36PM
phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)

Thanks so much for looking into this for me...you've always been so helpful to me (on the cutting forum especially). I found this site too, but I know I found a totally different, more specific article with even more cultivars somewhere a year or so ago....just can't locate it again. But this is a good one too. Hope you're doing well! :0) Phyl

Bookmark   November 12, 2005 at 8:22PM
RWH9(england)

Phyl
Try looking at www.zaboplant.nl
They have bud counts for quite a few varieties,that they have taken from their own trial house.
One thing to remember is that on varieties with a high bud count,that the buds are generally smaller.
In the U.K. the top sellers are varieties with huge buds, there are less on a stem,but they make much more impressive bunches.
Rich

Bookmark   November 14, 2005 at 5:26AM
More Discussions
Is there any hope??
I have lilies that grow wild on the side of my house....
Twin Cities Trade
Toad Lily
In five years, this is the first flower my toad lily...
TNY78
Where to plant six foot lilies?
I didn't realize they would get this tall. Now, I...
sibur50
Best/Favorite Co. to get Lily Bulbs?
I would like to add some tall fragrant oriental, chinese...
aunt_lou
Did I kill my lily bulbs?
This fall my husband had to dig up our lily bulbs to...
grandma_gardener_02
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™