Maples are unhealthy

strudeldog_gwJanuary 16, 2009

Anyone else suffering Bodily aches and pains today as a result of too many Maples hurried into their garage over the past couple days? My back may not recover and the 30 GAL pot I could not handle did a number on my foot. I said I was not going to move about the 100+ in pots this winter, but the coldest forcast in a few years here local, I would not have forgiven my self. But glad I did 9 degrees at light this morning I am sure I would have been grieving come spring. Still that sub-zero look from your wife arriving home to realize she is parking outside on the coldest night of this season may be the exceed the physical pains

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaitain4(7)

More like POTTED maples are unhealthy! LOL!

Bookmark   January 17, 2009 at 5:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dawgie(z7NC)

I know the feeling. I spent about a hour moving potted maples into my garage as well. I usually end up doing it every January when the forecast calls for lows much below 20 F. I would leave them outside if I knew the temps would get no lower than 17-18, but would rather not take the chance. As it turned out, we had lows of 11 and 13 on consecutive nights, so it was probably a good thing I moved them.

Bookmark   January 19, 2009 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
Over-wintering small Maples on a window sill
Het, Just wondering. Can you over-winter small maple...
Timothy Wood
Need help with struggling Jap Maple
CHeck out these pictures my Japanese maple isn't doing...
djiancharles
Diffetences between the Autumn Blaze, Flame, and Fantasy?
In looking and reading on the WWW about different types...
Dmacsimus
Eric's Weeping Japanese Maple
I was at Home Depot yesterday and got this Eric's Japanese...
Allan870
Is this japanese maple dying?
I've have this young beni schichihenge for its first...
ledouchebag
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™