snake head lily, and pink naked ladies

stevenwayne(6 sw)December 3, 2008

i have been looking for a while and know one seems to have there lily's that i am looking for snake head lily's and pink naked ladies well any color really i have a few trade of vegetables and herbs if anyone has these

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Nell Jean

It's too late for Brent and Becky's sale now, but they had the Snakes Head Iris Hermodactylus tuberosa), very inexpensive. They will have pink naked ladies in the spring and the sale starts early summer.

I think they're seldom offered in trade because they multiply slowly, at least in my garden.

Nell

Bookmark   December 13, 2008 at 4:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

This may be one of those situations where the use of common names causes confusion. I know Fritillaria meleagris as snakeshead lily (aka checker lily or guinea hen flower). This is a bulb - not a true lily - that is typically planted in fall for spring blooms. It can often be found in early spring in garden centers "in the green" or as starts, which may be the easiest way to plant as it can take several years before establishing and producing flowers if planted as bulbs. If in a happy location (full sun, good drainage and evenly moist, organic soils), they will naturalize very readily.

Bookmark   December 26, 2008 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
strange baby foliage
Rosidah
Extra large lily bulb
My daughter in Oregon recently dug a large Silk Road....
flowergirl70ks
Is this weed some sort of lily?
No idea what this is, except that it is a weed, and...
jacqueline9CA
new growth on oriental lily
I received an oriental lily for my anniversary in december....
angelaivy
Where to plant six foot lilies?
I didn't realize they would get this tall. Now, I...
sibur50
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™