High Tunnel Kits

jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)January 5, 2009

I am looking for some recommendations for High Tunnel Kits. I build two small ones last year out of PVC pipe. They worked great. I want to build two more this year. If I use the PVC pipe method, they will be 12 by 48 each, give or take. My father in law just asked if he could help me out and buy a metal frame for them instead of making it out of PVC. I am ok with it. I am looking for a good product, not too pricey, and strong.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Farmtek has some nice ones, but I am not sure about other suppliers.

I am looking for a kit that is around the 12 by 48 or so. I want to have my High tunnel go North to South, that is why it can only be around 48 feet long. 45-50 is fine. Width can be more, if needed.

I am planning on growing tomatoes and cucumbers in them. I may even try other crops such as parthenocopic zucs or greens.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandy0225(z5 Indiana)

love the farmtek ones. I just bought another one, 26X96 last week.
12 is awfully narrow. It's going to fill up too fast. See if you can go wider if you can't go longer. If you call farmtek, ask for Mike X109, he was very helpful to me before and I think they get paid partly on commission.

Bookmark   January 8, 2009 at 8:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
norcalconifers

I agree with Sandy. Tough to go wrong with the tunnels from Farmtek. We have very high winds here (55mph is a warmup) and I have never lost one. Price is very good too!
Steven

Bookmark   January 24, 2009 at 12:44PM
More Discussions
Micro Green mix help
Lately, I've been getting demand for micro greens in...
theripetomatofarm
Wanted: 4 row seeder
I'm in the market for a 4 row pinpoint seeder, the...
sundacks
Mara des bois strawberry?
I have just discovered Mara des bois strawberry and...
cedar_wa
Winter market 2015
Last week during the first winter thaw here I cut forsythia...
jebfarm
Gotta do something to increase sales, stay in business
This year was the worst yet, I've been doing this since...
2ajsmama
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™