Looking for chimes

jeannebarnum(Alaska)January 13, 2005

I am a Master Gardener in Alaska. Have great success with clematis, lillies,begonias, hostas and dahlias. Low light ground covers and perennials.

I delight in gracing my garden with chimes, am in search of the the old oriental chimes I bought as a child at the dime store. Glass painted strung with red thread, cost about a buck. Anyone know where I can find them please email me. (I have already been cruising eBay for about a year now, no luck).

Alaska Jeanne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_nh(z4 NH)

Shops in any city China Town should have them; even gift shops in some large Chinese restaurants. I got one a few years ago in York Beach, ME at a seaside summer gift shop--inexpensive tourist-type shop open in the summer only, selling straw beach mats, flip-flops, sea shells, rubber snakes, sparklers, sunt tan lotion, styrofoam surfboards, etc.

I always have a few of these as my great grandmother and grandmother always had them hanging on the porch in the summers.

Bookmark   January 18, 2005 at 8:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seattlesuze

Alaska Jean,

I see there are some listed on EBay as Vintage Japanese Glass Wind Chimes but they're not $1 anymore (looks like they start at $28). I've also listed a link found on a Google search; however, these are not Japanese. Hope this helps. They make a lovely sound.

Seattle Suze

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass wind chimes

Bookmark   February 15, 2005 at 3:07PM
More Discussions
Recruiting MGs
How did your MG group recruit you? Or what prompted...
zuni
Mixed messages
I'm about halfway through my MG training program. I...
swlyn
New Year Plans for you or your MG unit?
Any new plans, goals or changes for yourself as an...
nmgirl
Definition of 'habit klr'?
Didn't know where to post this... What does 'habit...
gardenweb88
Ask an Expert Master Gardener Program
If any of you are familiar with the Ask an Expert program,...
gardener_sandy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™