The Art of The Deal

labrea_gwFebruary 23, 2012

Again...!

I've posted about this before in regard to Big Pharma & the cost of Doing business. The If we get caught fund we won't have to admit wrong doing & in the long run profits will be bigger than fine.!

Mary L. Schapiro, the S.E.C. chairwoman, added that repeat offenders remained a problem because âÂÂpeople have short memoriesâ on Wall Street. That forces the commission to bring many of the same types of cases âÂÂso that people donâÂÂt forget that they have these obligations and that somebody is watching and somebody is willing to hold them accountable.âÂÂ

Schapiro explains that defendants wonâÂÂt settle if they have to admit wrong-doing, because then they would face civil suits. She also says that the SEC only settles when it gets at least as much as it could expect if it tried the cases. These two ideas are also contradictory. The SEC can win all kinds of damages, including disgorgement, in a fraud case. Disgorgement means that the defendant has to pay back the money it swindled, cheated and defrauded people out of. So, if the SEC is getting all the money it could get if it won the case, what more could a private party get?

This is so much garbage when the guy on the street gets pepper sprayed of taserd.

Here is a link that might be useful: So much Garbage

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jodik_gw

And I was just wondering again today where the idea that not admitting fault in anything came from...

From the largest corporations on Wall Street, to the average citizen, there's this idea that somehow admitting to being human and erring is somehow the worst thing anyone can possibly do!

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 5:33AM
More Discussions
Alabama again Ho Hum
"The Alabama supreme court has ordered the state’s...
labrea_gw
Duck Dynasty and Free Speech Award
CPAC is a clown show.I was watching TV today and while...
Pidge
Dinosaurs are bad!
This is hard to believe! Ummmm...anyone have an idea...
asleep_in_the_garden
Ferguson, MO - the racist protection racket
What a sickening report Discrimination in Ferguson:...
momj47
Indecent Exposure
Rep. David Moore on Tuesday introduced House Bill 365...
labrea_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™