Got a gardening problem?

lsteeleApril 4, 2006

Want to maximize your garden's potential? Feel like your green thumb has turned a bit brown?

Maybe we can help! We're looking for young, fun, articulate and energetic homeowners to appear as guests on HGTV's Gardening by the Yard with Paul James. We'll send Paul to your home to get down and dirty and help you get to the root and fix your gardening problems. Please note that this is not a landscape makeover show, rather a show that deals with specific gardening problems or questions Paul can lend his expertise to.

If interested, please e-mail lsteele@sfpseattle.com with a description of you, your gardening dilemma and contact information. Digital photos of you and your garden are required for consideration.

Please send DVD or VHS tapes to:

Lauren Steele

Screaming Flea Productions

5950 6th Ave. S, Suite 109

Seattle, WA 98108

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drscottr(7)

Hi Lauren

I built a series of raised cedar beds last year. I grow 50+ varieties of vegetables. I have a host of issues on an ongoing basis. Right now my cold weather varieties such as broccoli are turning purple, my tomato seedlings are too tall for my inside grow lights but the weather is too cold to plant them outside yet, and I'm not sure how best to keep the deer out. Last year I used a 7 foot deer fence with T-posts and the deer jumped right over it.

I think my garden would be ideal for either a one time or an ongoing series of features. You could follow the progress of the garden as well as dealve into the common problems of a rank amateur gardener.

It's pouring here today but I'll send pics in the next day or so.

Thanks

Scott Rifkin, MD
410-960-7975

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 9:41AM
gshann(Z6 PA ChesCo.)

Love the show, and I watch it all the time now that there are two TVs downstairs. I'll send pictures shortly.

Bookmark   April 21, 2006 at 5:25PM
lucia59

why do they have to be "young"????

us oldtimers are gardeners too...

Bookmark   May 4, 2006 at 1:00PM
texasred7

I have a Artemisia "Powis Castle" - I can't find anyone that knows anything about it - I would like to thin out my plant but do not want to kill it. Would like to share clippings from it if it can be done - Please help
Thanks

Bookmark   June 14, 2006 at 6:33PM
blueheron(z6 PA)

Do you have "The Well-Tended Perennial Garden" by Tracy DiSabato-Aust? She has a section about Powis Castle artemisia which answers your questions but it's too long for me to copy it here for you. Maybe your library has a copy.

Bookmark   June 18, 2006 at 4:12PM
More Discussions
Walnut tree mulch
We had a walnut tree in our back yard, we have had...
Gardner2013
my rant about rude MG's
i certainly hope it isnt like this everywhere but a...
bluetruck99
Can anyone help me identify...
This is growing on the side of the road - It think...
Cenepk10
Jerry Baker tonics
What is your opinion of using Jerry Baker tonics on...
want-to-b-gardener
watering and soil
I have a question about the cause of a layer of green...
oopsadaisy00
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™