hostahillbilly(4)June 19, 2012

Hosta 'Bressingham Blue'"

Hosta 'Lemon Lime':

Hosta 'T-Rex':

just noticing,

hh

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Oh nice looking blooms on that Lemon Lime! I received my LL from Savory's last week and no blooms on it. However, the Tiny Tears and Venusta had scapes with tight little buds on them. I would need a magnifier to see the flowers and the Tiny Tears blooms look almost salmon colored, not green and not lavender. I'm very curious about them.

So what is going on up there in Minnesota? I thought you were having cooler weather, yet you have a good bit of blooming happening.

The Bressingham Blue blossoms are barely visible with scapes shorter than the leaf petioles! But they are beautiful.

Guess I need to mark dates in my record book about when each of mine bloom this year, since it is their first growing season this far south.. You probably know all of the details for your hosta, you've done it for so long.

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 1:16AM
bernd ny zone5

Here in Upstate NY it is hot. Yes I have several hostas having flowers, probably some pods developing. But moving the hoses and sprinklers when temps will be up to 95, I decided to not hybridize this year, but let the bees do it again, and then use some of those seeds. I still have great seeds from last year in the freezer. Bernd

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 6:54PM
lavenderlver

Is Guacamole a late bloomer? I'm in zone 6 and there's no sign of a scape on either of my 2 plants.

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 7:45PM
esox48(4/MN)

Yes, Guacamole is a late bloomer, like all the others of that ilk.

And Moccasin, it's been four degrees above normal so far in June with five 90-plus days. Was closer to five degrees above normal in May with two 90s. Nearly 10 inches of rain in May and well above normal in June in the Twin Cities.

Hot and wet, that will get things growing.

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 7:55PM
lavenderlver

Thank you Esox.

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 6:29AM
More Discussions
DUD hosta of 2014
Following the 2014 Top Gun thread, I thought I'd post...
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
Wave Runner
Does anyone have Wave Runner? There aren't too many...
bkay2000
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
info on spam
anyone know where to find the rules for spam are in...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
HOSTAS TOXIC TO DOGS (and cats too)
I just discovered hostas are toxic to dogs. How did...
hostanista
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™