Changing the GW Mountain Snow pic revisited

Steve Massachusetts Zone 5bJune 15, 2012

Last February after much discussion and picture manipulation the members of this forum voted to use a picture of Liberty as a replacement for the current picture of Mountain Snow on the opening page of the Hosta forum. The picture we chose to use was one that belonged to a late member of this forum called Papou. Papou loved Liberty and inspired many long time members of this forum to grown the plant. When he died a number of members planted Libery in his honor.

Unfortunately there were complications to using Papou's picture of Liberty on the GW opening page of the Hosta forum. Even though the picture was available to us through his old Photobucket account, because of Papou's death, we did not have permission to use it. Tamara at GW was understanding of this dilemma but clear that permission was needed.

As a result I have tried over the past 4 months through various methods to contact members of Papou's family. I tried email addresses, telephone numbers and finally snail mail. I sent a registered letter earlier this year that was returned. However, since Papou's family usually wintered in Florida, I waited until last month and then sent another registered letter. Yesterday that letter was returned to me unopened. So I feel as if we have exhausted all means of contact.

As part of our discussions in the previous thread we voted on a number of photos. The picture that received the second most votes was submitted by Wendy. Here's a copy of that picture resized to fit the GW window.

The next step, with the permission of the group, is to contact Tamara with the request to replace the photo of Mountain Snow on the opening Hosta page with Wendy's picture of Liberty.

Please leave a comment below.

Thanks to everyone for their help with what turned out to be a more complicated process than any of us could have imagined.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: The Thread containing the Vote

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka(9b NorCal)

Yes! Please replace the existing pic with the new Sagae one from Wendy.

What perseverance, Steve. This has been pursued a number of times in years past, but no one stuck with it the way you have. Thank you for all your efforts. Liberty is my mostest favorest hosta in the whole wide world.

-Babka

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 11:14PM
alexis717_df

Unfortunately I was out of commission and unable to participate in the original vote. Papou would have loved being honored so, and his would have been my first choice. My second would have been Ken's. The leaf size and definition does it for me. Wendy's is also very lovely and would make a beautiful opening page picture.

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 11:36PM
frostynyc(7)

I think Wendy's photo is perfect.

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 11:47PM
bernd ny zone5(5)

Yes! Please replace the existing pic with the new Sagae one from Wendy.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 8:24AM
anitamo(5)

Another vote for the Sagae!

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 8:40AM
irawon(5a Ottawa)

Another vote for Wendy's 'LIBERTY'.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 10:51AM
bettylu_zone6a

Wendy's Liberty gets my vote!

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 12:02PM
donrawson(Z 5)

I love it!

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 12:34PM
mctavish6

Yes to that beautiful picture of Liberty. Myrle

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 12:48PM
bkay2000

Yes, use Wendy's photo.

bkay

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
potted hostas starting too early
Hi. I usually have my potted hostas in the garage (no...
esikko
DUD hosta of 2014
Following the 2014 Top Gun thread, I thought I'd post...
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
Hosta F 2014
A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me,...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
GardenWeb Houzz coupling
What is going on?! Nasty. Anyway, Paula_b_gardener...
paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
houzz search
We can no longer search under specific forums? Forgive...
smorz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™