Weird Maple leaves

thebonsaimarketMarch 21, 2008

My maple was growing beatiful new growth for spring but i noctied recently that the leaves look weird and the growth just stopped, anyone now why, or what type of bug is causeing this and how to heal it. I have links to the photes below.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mattlwfowler

I'm no insect or disease expert, but it reminds me of damage from lacebugs...but they generally only attack rhododendron species and azaleas from what I know. I have also seen mite damage that looks similar to this, but I'm not convinced it is insect damage. I would lean more towards nutrient difficiency on this one. There's a chance its some type of fungus, but I haven't seen one that leaves quite that type of damage. Sorry I guess I'm not much help but maybe this will narrow things down a bit.

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 8:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
myersphcf(z6a IL)

I also do not think it is insects ...I would tend towards nutricional but in the opposite.... fertilizer and/or sun damage or possible spray drift on the second pic...it could be a deficency as Matt says ..but not likely on a young plant like that one this early in the season IMHO but others will know much more than I..David

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 11:35AM
More Discussions
Is this japanese maple dying?
I've have this young beni schichihenge for its first...
ledouchebag
Need help with struggling Jap Maple
CHeck out these pictures my Japanese maple isn't doing...
djiancharles
Dip N Grow on Maples?
Hey, I was just wondering. Does anyone know if Dip...
Timoth26
Acer Rubrum Redpointe - Pictures Anyone???
Was originally looking to get a Autumn Blaze but read...
sam268
Central lead?
Had this tree planted in the fall and getting increasingly...
libratravel
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™