Does anyone know about MG in the Antelope Valley, CA?

desertrat1(Zone8_CA)June 20, 2007

Hi there. I am new to this forum. Came over from Garden Junk. I've been towing with the idea to take a MG program but seem to get nowhere. I am in Los Angeles County and with the LA County Cooperative Extension it seems that everything offered is located in Los Angeles (about 70 miles south of me). Have an email out for more info, but seems that I'm at the wrong time (I think the application is offered in the winter monthes). Does someone have some more viable info for me regarding MG in the Antelope Valley Region?

Thanks in advance!

Love, Jules

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardener_sandy

The link below will take you to a site where you can find extension offices in California. The classes are usually held in the winter months because the people who teach them are just so busy in the gardening season of the year.

Good luck in finding a class you can take. I've enjoyed all of the years I've spent as a Master Gardener Volunteer.

Here is a link that might be useful: CA cooperative extension offices

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 9:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
desertrat1(Zone8_CA)

Sandy,

Yep, I've been there. I put in another email to see if I get a response. It all makes sense to have the classes in the winter because no one does a thing gardening when it's freezing! I'm just hoping there is someone on here who is from the area that can give me a heads up to whats what here.

Thanks again Sandy! I have another gardening friend from VA that I met through BHG and now we are on Garden Chat on Delphi Forums.

Love, Jules

Bookmark   June 21, 2007 at 1:48PM
More Discussions
Rejected by the MN MG Program- Please Help
Today I found out that I was not accepted into the...
iclimbtrees
Squirrel Problem
Is any gardener has squirrel problem ? They dig the...
fluffybonbon
Just venting
Hello everyone, I'm Marion and I finished my second...
plantmasterm
Distilled water when doing a pH test
I've read that one has to use distilled water when...
woohooman
Just too many changes! Do any of you get burned out on MG???
OK, I have posted on here before, but after 13 years...
ltcollins1949
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™