Garden Music

Eddie_GA(7A)June 14, 2005

I have a CD out and on this CD is one garden-related song titled "The Green Man" Already it is being played on the radio in my home state on a popular gardening radio program. Plus, one Master Gardener is compiling a slide presentation and plans to use my song along with others. I granted him permission to use this one song for free. You can hear a clip by going to the link below and when you hear the complete version see if you can guess the mystery instrument.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Man

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Eddie_GA(7A)

"Is anybody out there?" said the tiny green man as he stared into space on a dark and stormy night.

Bookmark   June 18, 2005 at 4:41PM
luvmydaisies(Lonsdale, MN/ zone4)

It is a cute song...
"I'll be working in the garden til I turn green."

Bookmark   June 19, 2005 at 10:39PM
passiflora2762(8/central texas)

Eddie, I hear an acoustic guitar, bass, drums, and the mystery instrument I think sounds like an electronic keyboard with an organ patch. Am I right?? Hubby is a musician & I have a pretty good ear. I'll be singing your snippet in the garden for sure, thats great. I turn green & yellow picking tomatoes everyday at work. I love being GREEN Woman!

Bookmark   June 26, 2005 at 11:58AM
Eddie_GA(7A)

Dear Passiflora, I hate to disappoint you but in order to be Green Woman you must be pollinated by Green Man. Hope you (and hubby) take that as a joke. You are absolutely correct in the instruments that you hear on the first verse clip BUT the mystery instrument does not come in till later in the song. I will send you an Mp3 of the entire song and ask that you come back here and reply.
Thanks, Eddie in Georgia.

Bookmark   June 27, 2005 at 8:19AM
luvmydaisies(Lonsdale, MN/ zone4)

In the song description it says that there is a Kazoo. Is that corect.

Bookmark   June 29, 2005 at 10:54AM
Eddie_GA(7A)

Well dang! I guess it was an open book test. I couldn't send the Mp3 of the entire song through this forum anyway as there is no provision for adding an attachment, I would have to have an email directly from you , not through this forum. About the kazoo - Shhhh, don't tell anybody.

Bookmark   June 30, 2005 at 7:49PM
More Discussions
Definition of 'habit klr'?
Didn't know where to post this... What does 'habit...
gardenweb88
Recruiting MGs
How did your MG group recruit you? Or what prompted...
zuni
What plants go over well at your sales?
Hello all, I'm a MG intern, hoping to graduate this...
mrs.b_in_wy
veritas
I was watching a tv program and dont know if this is...
oorah
Will I become a snob?
I retired almost a year ago, and didn't commit to a...
nancyjane_gardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™