successful plant sale...Thanks!

keeker(z4 WI)June 2, 2005

Hello to all!

Well I felt I should tell those who helped me out with tips and tricks for the plant sale I had here at our school in Wisconsin that the sale went great! We made around $828.00. I was happy with the results especially since it was my first time organizing one and the first the school ever had. It was a little scary not knowing how much plant and garden art donations we would get but people really came through. It was not so hard now that I look back and would do it again next year. We were blessed with a beautiful 70 degree sunny day, first truely warm spring day we had this year.

The only problem I had was that I fell and broke my foot 2nd week in April and was and still am in a cast and on crutches. That was a little hard trying to dig plants, and replanting donations that came bare roots! But if there is a will there is a way and I could'nt cancel and back out so I just toughed it out. I'm glad I did! Now I can rest....well actually now I have to get my own plants in. I am on my third cast and the last one was full of dirt and leaves when they cut it off....no Dr. I wasn't outside digging in my garden!:)

Worst time of the year for a gardener to be injured!

Thanks again for your help!

Keeker

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grannymarsh(z4-5 U.P. MICH)

Way to Go on the Plant Sale !!!

Sorry about your foot. You will heel (sorry..) fast now that the Summer is here.

Bookmark   June 11, 2005 at 10:35AM
More Discussions
Can anyone help me identify...
This is growing on the side of the road - It think...
cenepk10
Age demographics?
I know this is a bizarre question but its something...
celosia92
Will I become a snob?
I retired almost a year ago, and didn't commit to a...
nancyjane_gardener
Definition of 'habit klr'?
Didn't know where to post this... What does 'habit...
gardenweb88
Labels for plant sales
My local MGA has an annual plant sale and this year...
madabouteu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™