poisonous plants in public gardens
There has been alot of action over the months regarding poisonous plants and should you plant them. Planting things like aconite in the private garden is one thing, but what about the public gardens that we all(or many of us) maintain. Having seen a very serious dermatological reaction to Rue (Ruta graveolens) in a public garden, what is the general concensus about this. Should we label them as poisonous. Should we distinguish between deadly, make you sick and an abortant?. Our mission is generally to educate, so shouldn't we educate the public on possible toxins in the plant world - we seem to have no problem doing it from the chemical world.