Autumn Blaze spacing

old1880homeApril 26, 2008

My city's utility company came through and cut down our two 100 year old maples. We live on a busy corner street right downtown. Devestating! But that's another story :-( They are replacing those trees with 3 autumn blaze maples. We need to stake where we want our new trees planted but I'm not sure how far to space them apart. Any tips?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bullthistle

Depends how long your frontage is. 75 feet apart would be ideal but planting them closer will give you denser shade. I hope they are planting caliber sized trees because it will bo sometime, maybe your grandchildren before they look like the trees they are replacing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Propagating Perennials

Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 3:44PM
pam_chesbay(VA 8a/7b)

old1800home: Autumn Blaze maples grow fast: Height: 50' - 60'; Spread: 30' - 40' In an earlier post about spacing Autumn Blaze maples, it was suggested that the trees be spaced about 25' apart. (see link below)

bullthistle: The OP's question was about how to space Autumn Blaze maples. You recommended 75 feet apart, although the trees grow about 30 feet wide.

At the bottom of your answer you added a link to your blog, "Propagating Perennials." I went to the blog and searched for information about maples - the search revealed nothing.

I'm confused. When people add "a link that might be useful," that link provides additional information about the subject. Why do you add links to your blog when it does not include information that would help the person who asked the question?

Here is a link that might be useful: Spacing Autumn Blaze Maples

Bookmark   April 27, 2008 at 10:26AM
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

Careful! Thistles can be prickly.

For additional discussion search by cultivar name 'Jeffersred'. This should give a pretty well targeted list of hits.

Here is a link that might be useful: United States Patent: PP04864

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 11:14PM
More Discussions
Acer Griseum grafting
I have found a medium sized Acer Griseum on the side...
peat23
Tamukeyama Japanese maple
What are the growing habits of this tree. Hight, weeping...
420benz
Is it ok to plant Bloodgood at December in zone 7a?
I got two 45 gallon Bloodgood JM trees on my driveway....
Pro320
Acer Rubrum Redpointe - Pictures Anyone???
Was originally looking to get a Autumn Blaze but read...
sam268
Need help with struggling Jap Maple
CHeck out these pictures my Japanese maple isn't doing...
djiancharles
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™