Help Needed! Planting a Maple Tree
I think I might have a problem. I have purchased a Red Maple over the weekend and planted it in my front yard. Followed the instructions from the store:
- Make hole twice the size of the pot
- Plant the tree so that the top of the soil of the pot is slightly higher than the grass\
- Fill the hole Â¾ of the way and water plentifully
- Fill in the rest of the hole and water again
- Make a reverse cone at the top so that the water is funneled towards the roots
Here is what I think the problem is: The next day, I watered again (it wasnÂt supposed to rain). But it started to rained that day and it has been raining two days in a row. It looks like the tree is dying. The leafs are curling and the tree doesnÂt seams healthy.
How do I know if the tree is drowning? And if it is, what do I do?
P.S. Yes, I removed the tree from the pot!
Thanks for your help.