MGs earn Texas state award

marlingardenerNovember 22, 2007

The Little River Basin Master Gardeners of Cameron, Texas worked hard and made a community demonstration garden out of a debris strewn site. Their project, known as the Triangle Community Garden, earned the 2007 Municipal Excellence Award in City Spirit, awarded by the Texas Municipal League. The garden is also a Wildscape Demonstration Site, designated by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. There are not a lot of TPWD Wildscape Demonstration sites across the state.

I have had the privilege of meeting and working with some of the Little River MGs, and they are a dedicated, community-minded, fun group. The city of Cameron and the state of Texas can only benefit from their presence!

I posted this on the Texas gardening site, but wanted all you MGs to know what a great group we have here in Central Texas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ussatlanta

Congratulations Little River Basin Master Gardeners!!!

From the La-Terre Master Gardeners Association
Lafourche/Terrebonne Parish, LA

Bookmark   November 27, 2007 at 10:53PM
Xtal(z8b Temple. TX)

Where can I find this garden. I'm a MG in Temple - just a hop, skip and a jump away fromt here. I'd love to go visit it.

Xtal

Bookmark   December 9, 2007 at 1:08PM
marlingardener

Xtal,
The Triangle Community Garden is in Cameron, and if you contact the extension agent or the Chamber of Commerce in Cameron, they will be able to direct you to the garden and give you a contact in the Little River Basin MGs. You will be amazed at what an asset this MG chapter has been to their area!

Bookmark   December 9, 2007 at 8:08PM
More Discussions
Jerry Baker tonics
What is your opinion of using Jerry Baker tonics on...
want-to-b-gardener
Mixed messages
I'm about halfway through my MG training program. I...
swlyn
How was your year?
With the growing season winding down in a lot of the...
gardener_sandy
Recruiting MGs
How did your MG group recruit you? Or what prompted...
zuni
Just too many changes! Do any of you get burned out on MG???
OK, I have posted on here before, but after 13 years...
ltcollins1949
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™