who is your favorite gardener?

lilyroseviolet(Maine 4and 5)January 30, 2005

My favorite gardener would be probably my parents, and then B Ferrand and Jeckle. I am reading more and more about Eliot and Barbara Coleman. There is an elderly woman named Gerry Stanley that I adore and another woman that was a great teacher to me named Frieda Parks.

I appreciate what Kathy Vangorder does, yet her style is too natural for my taste, I like my gardens a bit more controlled yet the look of naturally occuring (cottage). I dont like the stiff formal look except on occasion and in its demanded place.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chicken_lady(z3/4 Maine)

Have you ever seen the book, "Tasha Tudor's Garden"? OMG, she has gardens to DIE for!!!! I love her illustrations too. I also like Ryan Gainey, his book "The Well Placed Weed" and his video, "Creating The Romantic Garden". I also love watching Roger Swain on PPP and his "Food For Thought" segment.

Cathy

Bookmark   January 30, 2005 at 11:44PM
lilyroseviolet(Maine 4and 5)

Thanks for the info Cathy. I will keep my eye out for those books. I should be seeing Roger Swain athat the New England Grows convention, he ususally is there and with his side kick dressed in that same red spenders outfit, they look like actors more than professional gardners or a santa claus character that is just pretend they are so cute! I'll get their autograph for you if you like! :> Hopefully, I dont get pinned for waht I just said. lol

Bookmark   January 31, 2005 at 10:26AM
robin_maine

I can go only by what I've seen on the website but judging from that Barbara Damrosch is my favorite. She's followed by Tasha Tudor.

Bookmark   January 31, 2005 at 1:43PM
kap1(Zone 4-5 ME)

My favorite is Paul James followed by Tasha Tudor and she's just as great in person as she is in her books

Bookmark   February 1, 2005 at 9:12PM
lilyroseviolet(Maine 4and 5)

I have been hearing alot about Barbara Damrosch, I think I may need to go up and check out that farm at Harborside sometime this winter. I would enjoy seeing their winter operation of growing salad greens. Isnt Barbara more an ornamental expert and Eliot is the Veggie Expert/Grower.

Bookmark   February 4, 2005 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
Lupine Problems
So, this is the second time I have tried to grow Lupines....
LynnMaziarz
Stepable plants to control erosion on a small hill
I have a camp on a lake in the middle of Maine that...
Debnroux
Planting Calender/ Landscaping Recommendations - Bangor
Hi, My mom has a house in Bangor, and it looks terrible....
Baby G (Z10, 300?CH, SoCal-LA)
spring blooming white flowered bush
Hi all, I have a friend in Maine who planted an unknown...
Elijahs.Mimi
Best Greenhouses in Maine
I was wondering where the best Greenhouses in Maine...
Kathy_in_Maine
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™