An interesting opportunity

The_DollmakerFebruary 17, 2005

This is the one section of my yard where I had not done much. Around and behind the park bench is cultivated, but the rest was just ground ivy and a migrating clump of daisies. We had a broken water line and this is the result. The contractor is coming back in spring with loam. He's also planning to put down seed and hay but I told him I think I want just the loam so I can do a small cottage-style shade garden in here. I'm a hand-gardener... Do you know how long it would have taken me to break up all that sod?? Of course I'm sure I could have paid someone to do it for a lot less than it cost to replace that pipe. :(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dagrar(5ME)

Boy you sure can tell cabin fever has set in. You like I have been planning some serious reworking of the gardens. Never mind the soil won't be ready to work for another six weeks at best. I daydream half the day away at work imagaing the look of a fence here or a arbor there and the sweet peas growing gently up a trellis by the deck with a spalsh of water from the pond a cold beer in one hand and spat the other smashing a @#$$@$%$ black fly into a bloody paste on my arm or neck or leg or name your favorite body part. OH LIFE IN MAINE won't trade it for any thing

Dale

Bookmark   February 24, 2005 at 9:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilyroseviolet(Maine 4and 5)

How does it look now Dollmaker?

Bookmark   March 23, 2005 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
Who has Grapes in Maine
How about a few notes from anyone growing grapes in...
bberry_gw
The Curse of the Plume Poppy
About 3 years ago my husband (the landscaper no less)...
Limur
Asparagus Questions
Ok my wife knows how much I love that asparagus so...
macropora
Lupine Problems
So, this is the second time I have tried to grow Lupines....
LynnMaziarz
Ut Oh. Maine is a very inactive forum.
Ok. Let's chat. I live somewhere near Ellsworth, although...
annpatt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™